(This post may contain affiliate links)
The Bible teaches us that kindness is one of the fruits of the Spirit. Teaching kids kindness is important from an early age. But how can we do it? Here I share with you a few tips on how we can teach our kids the acts of kindness.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, (Galatians 5:22)
The dictionary of Bible Themes says about kindness the following: The quality of compassion and generosity, characteristic of God’s dealings towards the weak and poor, and demanded of believers. The kindness is also shown in the words and deeds of Jesus Christ.
In the Bible we have the best example that we can use to illustrate and teach our children about this topic. JESUS! – If we speak about compassion, generosity and kindness we are speaking about Him, and how God (our Father) made a great act of love and kindness with us through Jesus.
The first thing to say here is focus your teaching on Jesus. And you will be giving your children a solid foundation in kindness.
You can teach your kids with the following:
- Being yourself the example of kindness with themselves. Teaching values begins at home and it is important that we are willing to not only talk to them about kindness, but willing to model it through our actions.
- When we do acts of kindness it is important not to draw attention to ourselves. Children must learn that these acts are born from love and in the heart.
- An idea to practice it may be choosing a day to perform acts of kindness with family members. And then, do it with the neighbors and so on.
- Write a letter of encouragement.
- Set the table for dinner.
- Help with cleaning the dishes.
- Help your neighbor to clean the yard.
Encourage your children to be kind to everyone regardless of differences (race, color). It is very important to teach these things from an early age because today we see a great need for healthy and loving adults in society. When your children do these acts of kindness, give them affirmation words that positively reinforce what they have done.
Finally, pray together as a family and ask God that you can always do acts of kindness and that each act is to give glory to Him. Have you had the opportunity to do this with your children? If not, would you like to start now? Comment below!
Focus your teaching on Jesus. And you will be giving your children a solid foundation in kindness. #faith #teach #kids #howtoTweet
- How to help your kids manage their emotions
- 3 things you should do to have the peace of God
- 5 bible verses for stress relief
- 4 fiction books about faith for kids
- How to prevent our prayers from being heard
Blessings, Always – Tayrina
Recommended Kids Books about Kindness you can buy as resources and tools: