I have been blogging since 2012, it is one of the things I like to do the most. I decided back then to blog to encourage and provide faith and Christian resources through my blog. In other words, I made my blog part of a ministry (service).
If you look well here in my blog you will find Bible studies, resources for bible journaling, post about encouragement and much more always written with the word of God in mind.
I want to share with you, if you are thinking of starting a blog for your ministry some resources and advice (from my years of experience blogging) so that you can start your blog the easy way.
How to start a blog for your ministry the easy way:
First, you must keep in mind the audience you want to minister to. This is called a “niche”. Do you want to write to the woman? to mothers? to the family? It is important that you have defined the readers you want to impact. Also, you must keep in mind the name of your blog (you must be creative and that it fits the purpose of it). Having a blog is all about content creation. You will be writing and creating content for your readers.
Having the purpose of your blog well defined will help you in the whole process when creating your blog. #blog #ministry #howtostartablog #faithTweet
Choosing a Platform for your blog:
Second, you must choose a platform to launch your blog. If you only want to write about faith and use it as part of your ministry, you can choose to blog completely free without spending a penny. This is how I started and was successful.
I started my first blog many years ago on Blogger, then I switched to WordPress.com and fell in love. I like it because you can start for free and you have plenty of resources to have a complete blog. I invite you to start with this platform, it is free and you also have paid options that are cheap. Click HERE TO START! ang get $25 in credits for your blog!
Social Media for your Blog:
Once you have your blog created on Worpdress.com you must consider having also, social media platforms created for your blog too. For example, I have a Facebook Page for my blog, a Pinterest Account, a Twitter Account and my personal Instagram. On all those social media platforms I share the content I create in my blog with my readers and followers. This is very important!
From my experience you may want to start with Pinterest, since it is one the best social media platforms to attract readers, visitors and views to your new blog. Once you have your Pinterest Account, be sure to join GROUP BOARDS according to your niche. This is where you are going to be sharing your blog posts. I have TWO group boards you can join. Together to Encourage and Faith and Motherhood, you can join below!
For my subscribers I use Mailchimp and the wordpress.com follow blog button. You must provide your visitors a way to subscribe to your blog, this way they will receive your posts and follow your content. You can make a Mailchimp account for free for your first 2,000 subscribers HERE!
Other resources you should consider when creating your blog:
- You can use Tailwind to schedule your pins at Pinterest, is one of my favorite apps right now! You can start with Tailwind HERE! You can make an account free but it’s limited! (UPDATED: JOIN THE TRIBES HERE! GET A FREE MONTH! )
- If you are looking to make a passive income from your blog you can start with Amazon Associates. I’ve been using it for years since I recommend a lot of faith and christian products in my blog. You can start HERE with Amazon Associates, it’s easy to use!
- Another resource of passive income that I use in my blog is Ultimate Bundles. I love to provide my readers and subscribers with resources that can help them in their life in any way. And these bundles are amazing from my experience! It’s free and easy to join! You can Join here!
- I create almost all my blog graphics and pin with CANVA, for me the most easy way to do it! You can JOIN CANVA HERE to start making your graphics, you will love it! I use Canva also to create free printables for my subscribers!
- If you are planning to create your graphics on CANVA, you may want to check out CREATIVE MARKET, this one the places where I get clips art and graphics for my blog! You can get TONS of images, graphics by JOINING HERE!
For the moment, you are all set! – The only thing you need to start your blog the easy way is to have the content, then everything will fit it! I invite you to take a look around my blog and get an idea about how a blog for a ministry works. You can motivate and encourage your readers and also offer them valuable resources!
I will be writing a few more blog posts about this topic. You can find them in the menu bar of this blog! I hope this helps you to start and run the blog you want for your ministry.
Blessings, Always – Tayrina
Pin for Later!